Uploading files in the cpanel
Its time to upload your files in the cpanel. But how do I go about that?
I will be providing tutorial on how to achieve this tedious job in just few steps.
You don’t need to be IT guru to do this. Just basic computing skills.
Export Local WordPress Database using phpMyAdmin. Simply go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/and click on your WordPress database. Next, click on the Export button from the top menu bar. In the Export Method option, you can choose “Quick” or “Custom”. Custom will provide you with more options to export your database. We recommend choosing Quick, and then click the Go button to download your database
Zip your website files on your local machine.
- . Once done, log on to cPanel . Am assuming you have the login credentials with you. You will land into a page similar to the one down here
- The second step is to create a subdomain. This is where I will out my files. I created subdomain bearing the name sms.phplavatec.com.
- In the cpanel dashboard, click file manager under files. You will arrive at the page a shown below
Click on your sub domain in the left side pane and all files inside will be loaded in the view section. Basically, since it’s your time, you may find few folders mainly cgi-bin and well-known. Don’t bother opening them, you don’t need them right now.
- Click the upload icon at the top menu and select your file. It is necessary to zip your files for quick quick and convenient upload.
Once the upload is complate, click on Go Back to /home/phplavat/schoolmanagement.phplavatec.com. It will take you back to the File Manager window.
Highlight the zipped folder and click on Extract to extract your website files.
6. Its time to create database now. Go back to the cpanel dashboard and and click MYSQL database wizard under databases section to create your database
7. After creating your database, scroll down to the MySQL Users section and create or add an existing user to the database.
After adding the user, cPanel will take you to set MySQL privileges for that user. Simply grant all privileges to the user by making sure every box is checked, and then click the Make Changes button.
8. To Import your Database on cPanel. Go to your cPanel dashboard, scroll down to the databases section and click on phpMyAdmin. This will take you to phpMyAdmin where you want to click on the database you created.. PhpMyAdmin will show your new database with no tables. Click on the Import tab in the top menu. On the import page, click on Choose File button and then select the database file you saved on your machine. Lastly, press the Go button at the bottom of the page. PhpMyadmin will now import your database with success message as shown.
Go back to the section that you had uploaded your website files and ensure the php file that you had indicated the database connection details matches with the database that you have created on the cPanel MySQL database.
The site should now load efficiently. In your browser type your full URL. I.e sms.phplavatec.com
Bingo. You have just uploaded your files in CPANEL..
D you need reliable hosting IT solutions? click deepAfrica.com